Tommy Burson at Trivago recently analyzed the Traverse City hotel marketplace during the National Cherry Festival and got in touch with us at MyNorth. According to Tommy, 92 percent of hotel rooms throughout the peninsula are already booked (that percent has likely increased in the past few days). He suggests that those looking for a last-minute trip to this year’s celebration consider staying in Cadillac, an hour outside of Traverse City, for rates starting at $95 a night. For those choosing that approach, here’s some additional fun in the Cadillac area:
- Clam Lake Beer Co.
- Video: Explore Downtown Cadillac
- While downtown, be sure and stop by Simply Delightful
- Lake Mitchell and Lake Cadillac (rent a boat, fish, swim & more!)
More National Cherry Festival Hotel Options
Cherry Festival Lodging Special: Shanty Creek Resorts, Bellaire
Enjoy a week-long family fun festival celebrating all things cherry with beautiful and affordable accommodations only 30 minutes from Traverse City! Rates start as low as $99. For reservations, call 866.408.5219.
More fun in Bellaire:
- Short’s Brewing Co.
- Video: Ride the GolfBoards at Shanty Creek
- See the beautiful gardens at Bellaire Bed & Breakfast