Celebrating Northern Michigan is our business. And has been since 1981.
For more than 35 years, Traverse Magazine & MyNorth Media have been putting Northern Michigan—its places, its people and its businesses—on the map for people who love Up North.
Would you like the most recent MyNorth Media Kit? We’ll send it to you.
Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine, Northern Home & Cottage and the MyNorth Vacation Guide have loyal readers in Northern Michigan and throughout the country who pay to receive them every month. Two flagship publications, Northern Home & Cottage and MyNorth Vacation Guides, as well as our eight special publications, have additional distribution including targeted mailings and newspaper insertions in select zip codes in Chicago, Grand Rapids, Ann Arbor and Oakland County/Metro Detroit and select retail locations throughout Northern Michigan. Digital versions of our special publications can be viewed on our Guides and Resources page.
Email us for a copy of MyNorth Media Special Publications Publications Media Kits:
Special publications include (click to get PDFs of Media Kits for these print publications):
- MyNorth Senior Living Media Kit
- MyNorth Guide to Giving Media Kit
- MyNorth Real Estate Media Kit
- MyNorth Medical Insider
- MyNorth Home Services Directory Media Kit
- MyNorth Meetings Media Kit
- MyNorth Filmgoer Media Kit
MyNorth.com averages 100,000 visits monthly, with summer months exceeding 143,000—from Northern Michigan, every state 560 Michigan cities and more than 200 countries—who come for only one reason: To get information about Northern Michigan. MyNorth.com offers opportunities for display advertising, video marketing as well as directory listings for restaurants, hotels, home services, weddings, shopping and more.
Click here to get a copy of the MyNorth.com & Online Media Kit
MyNorth e-newsletters & e-blasts
MyNorth’s five monthly e-newsletters have between 68 – 83,000 subscribers. MyNorth e-newsletters are emailed to people interested in Northern Michigan food & drink, style, travel, outdoors and entertainment. The MyNorth Kids Up North e-newsletter has a targeted audience of 3,600+, and our FYI email blasts reach all of our 84,000+ subscribers.
Additionally, MyNorthTickets emails out TicketAlerts to 24,000+ subscribers who have purchased tickets to Northern Michigan events at MyNorthTickets.com, and a monthly round-up of Northern Michigan events in TicketWire, 83,000 subscribers.
Online, high definition video is becoming one of the most effective marketing vehicles available to business and MyNorth Media is at the forefront of this marketing trend in Northern Michigan. MyNorth Media brings the same high definition quality to our client videos as we do to the more than 300 high definition editorial videos on MyNorth.com. Clients can choose from the lower cost, one-minute Video Postcards featuring music and images to professional educational videos, facility tours and television commercials. To view the videos pictured above, go to Primitive Images, Lavender Fields, The Music House and the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail.
Website Design and Development
MyNorth Media has worked with more than 80 clients to produce outstanding websites that succeed in both form and function. We work side-by-side with our clients every step of the way, whether the goal is branding, lead generation, e-commerce or all of three and more combined. And we are committed to putting the power of the web into our clients’ own hands so that they get the most out of their websites as outstanding marketing and revenue generating tools. To view the websites pictured above, go to Grand Traverse Regional Land Conservancy, Schmidt Rogers Management, Surgical Associates and The Park Place Hotel.
Sponsorships, Custom Publications, MyNorthTickets, ShopMyNorth & More Services
MyNorth Media has many additional services to help Northern Michigan businesses reach our audience, including:
- MyNorth Media has several sponsorship opportunities including the Northern Home & Cottage Kitchen and Home Tours in September and October and special dinners and wine tastings. Additionally, your account executive can work with you on sponsorship opportunities as part of your complete media plan.
- Custom publication clients include: Shanty Creek Resorts 50th Anniversary Celebration Magazine, Town & Country Homes, Benzie County Vistor’s Center, Upper Peninsula Travel & Recreation Assoc. and Sault Ste. Marie Visitors’s Center.
- MyNorthTickets.com is a free ticketing service for Northern Michigan organizations, selling tickets in a click with an average of 15,000+ monthly visits, with summer months exceeding 21,000. Additional marketing options include the MyNorthTicketWire e-newsletter reaching 83,000+ subscribers monthly.
- ShopMyNorth.com provides Northern Michigan’s manufacturers and retailers with an easy way to sell online and market to the MyNorth audience. ShopMyNorth.com connected Northern Michigan’s entrepreneurs with 50,000 customers annually.
The committed staff of MyNorth Media wakes up every day to make it easy for people everywhere to connect to Northern Michigan and for businesses to connect to customers. Why?
Because celebrating Northern Michigan is our business.
Who are our print readers?
- 24,000 total circulation
- 470 newsstand locations throughout Michigan and the Midwest
- Distribution at home and garden shows, festivals, fairs, and special events throughout Michigan
- Average household income $225,000+
- 71% hold a college or graduate level degree
- 40% are between the ages of 45-64
Who are the MyNorth.com visitors?
In the last 12 months:
- 1.5 Million Visits
- 2.7 Million Pageviews
- All 50 states and 200 countries
- Top States: Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, New York, California, Indiana, Florida, Texas, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania
How can we help businesses reach new customers and develop the kind of relationships that really grows a business?
Our job, every day, is to help businesses achieve their goals by working side-by-side to create marketing campaigns that work seamlessly together across many different mediums. Our sales staff works closely with clients to make print, online, video, web and more work together effectively, but also to make it an easy, engaging and exciting process. No matter what medium a business is telling its story in, we know how to make it compelling and get it in front of people with a passion for Northern Michigan and the resources to become excellent customers.
Click an email link below to contact one of our advertising experts.
Chris Hunt – Sales Director
[email protected] 231-941-5880
Ann Gatrell – Account Executive: Print, online display & directories, e-newsletters
[email protected] 231-357-2044
Cynthia Ludka – Account Executive: Print, online display & directories, e-newsletters
[email protected] 231-941-6532
Drew Warner – Account Executive: Web solutions, MyNorthTickets, custom publications
[email protected] 231-941-3102
Jill Hayes – Account Executive: Print, online display & directories, e-newsletters
[email protected] 231-941-6527
Meg Lau – Account Executive: Print, online display & directories, e-newsletters
[email protected] 231-941-6553
Don’t know who is your account executive? Give us a call at 231.941.8174.
Mechanical / Print Specifications
Mechanical and print specifications are included in the Media Kit downloads above.