MyNorth Media internships run June to August. To apply, please provide three writing samples and a résumé to email@example.com. Applications are needed by the end of March. Summer 2022 editorial internships have been filled.
Work should be fun, especially when you’re Up North. Our interns have gone fishing on Lake Michigan, biked the Sleeping Bear Heritage Trail, enjoyed a cocktail on the deck of Michigan’s newest distillery, kayaked Grand Traverse Bay and flown in helicopters—on the job. We live, work and play in Northern Michigan. *Internships may be remote in 2022 due to Covid-19.
- We offer $14 an hour for 10-week internships (20 hours per week).
- MyNorth Media/Traverse Magazine editors work one-on-one with interns offering feedback and help on stories.
- Our work schedule is flexible—it is definitely possible to get a second job and complete this internship.
- Must be a current college student earning credit for school.
- While we’re open to all majors, journalism and writing majors will be given preference.
- Must be able to manage deadlines and work independently.
- Must love Northern Michigan!
- Conduct interviews in person or via phone with local business owners, park supervisors, area professionals, etc.
- Create engaging, original content for print, digital and social—Q&As, profiles, travel roundups, etc.
- Write Red Hot Best winner posts.
- Shoot photos/videos with cell phone or MyNorth camera.
Articles by Past Interns
- Try the Single-Varietal Ciders at Two K Farms in Suttons Bay
- Grandfather Christmas: In 1915, Every Child in Harbor Springs Had a Present
- Meet Scott Stillings, Ski Pro Extraordinaire at Bahnhof Sport in Petoskey
- 9 Winery Patios in Northern Michigan with Gorgeous Views
- TC’s Best Kept Secret: A Journey to Find the Speakeasy With No Name
- The Vogue Theatre’s Economic Ripple Effect in Downtown Manistee
- How to Polish Petoskey Stones + Video
To apply for an editorial internship, please provide three writing samples and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.