Cadillac’s Lake Mitchell and Lake Cadillac are connected by a navigable canal, creating 3,700 acres of Northern Michigan vacation fun. These two watery attractions invite fishers, boaters and beachgoers during the summer. And in winter, the lakes draw ice fishermen and snowmobilers.
Watch this MyNorth Media video to check out what to do and see in downtown Cadillac, then read on for specific attractions on Lake Mitchell and Lake Cadillac:
Pilgrim Village Resort and Fishing Shop: Conveniently situated on Lake Mitchell and near the navigable canal connecting to Lake Cadillac, 231.775.5412.
Cadillac Sands Resort: Located on Lake Cadillac. Rents pontoons, kayaks, canoes and fishing boats, 800.64.SANDS.
Lakeside Charlie’s: Offers classic Midwestern cuisine (fish, steaks, chicken, ribs) with patio dining overlooking Lake Mitchell, 231.775.5332.
Find more restaurants in Cadillac in MyNorth’s restaurant directory.
Mitchell State Park
Mitchell State Park: Situated between both lakes, this 334-acre acre park offers beaches, camping, a trail, boat launch and picnic area. Find 221 modern sites and a camper cabin. Don’t miss the Carly T. Johnson Hunt and Fish Center while you’re there, 231.775.7911.
- NEW! Kayak and canoe launch located near the public beach along Lake Cadillac
Lodging on the Lakes
- Birchwood Resort & RV: 600 feet from Lake Cadillac
- Cadillac Sands Resort: Rooms on Lake Cadillac and more
- Pilgrim Village Resort and Fishing Shop: Offers cottages on Lake Mitchell
- Find more cottage rentals in MyNorth’s cottage directory