Northern Michigan Recipes: The Intentional Minimalist blogger Kristin Celeste shares this seasonal and fresh recipe for Wild Leek and Pesto Spring Salad, featuring Northern Michigan local ingredients from 9 Bean Rows, Oryana and more!
Find more of Kristin’s recipes on her blog The Intentional Minimalist.
- 9 Bean Rows organic baby salad greens Spring Hollow Farms
- organic china rose radish micro greens
- Oryana organic asparagus
- Oryana organic cauliflower florets
- 9 Bean Rows organic kale rabe
- 9 Bean Rows wild leeks
- Cabin Creek Farm & Bakery bacon
- 9 Bean Rows eggs
- Leelanau Cheese raclette cheese
- Food for Thought organic wild leek vinegar
- Organic wild leek & swiss chard pesto (recipe link)
- Organic wild leek infused olive oil (recipe link) Oryana organic sea
Steam one-two eggs per salad for ten minutes, flip egg to other side and stem for ten more minutes. Cool steamed eggs in ice cold water for five minutes, peel and set eggs aside. Place two strips bacon per salad in a pan, cook and set aside to cool. Cut greens off of eight wild leeks, chop leek greens, pan fry leek greens in bacon grease for a minute and set aside to cool. Mince leek whites, add to one teaspoon oil in a warm pan and cook for a few minutes. Cut two cups kale rabe, one cup cauliflower florets and one cup asparagus. Add vegetables to warm pan with leek whites, season with sea salt and cook for a few minutes. Chop two tablespoon cheese per salad. Mix one tablespoon pesto, three tablespoons leek oil and two tablespoons leek vinegar. Plate two-three cups salad greens per salad, top with one cup vegetables per salad, sliced egg, bacon, cheese, crispy leek greens, one half cup micro greens per salad and drizzle with a tablespoon pesto dressing.