- 2 pints grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound orecchiette, fusilli or shell pasta
- 1 1⁄2 cups mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh chives or fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pine nuts
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking pan with foil and rub with butter.
Arrange tomatoes, cut sides up, in pan and sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Roast 35 minutes. Cook pasta until al dente. Set aside 11⁄2 cups pasta cooking water, then drain pasta well and transfer to a large bowl. Add mascarpone and reserved pasta water and stir until melted. Add tomatoes, half of Parmesan, half of chives, more salt and black pepper to taste, and toss well. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan, chives and pine nuts. Serves 6.