Chipotle Roasted Chicken
Carve into this delectable bird from Nicholas Roznowski, chef/owner at Petoskey’s COOP, and get ready for cheers. Hosting Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving? Read the full feature story for more Friendsgiving recipes and tips.
- 1 chicken, washed & patted dry with paper towel
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or stone ground mustard
Allow chicken to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Whisk remaining ingredients together in a small bowl. Rub glaze over entire chicken and place in a shallow roasting pan, fitted with a rack. (Coarsely chopped veggies layered on bottom of pan also work as an impromptu “rack”). Roast for 30 minutes until skin has browned. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and rotate the pan 180 degrees. Roast for another 30 minutes, occasionally basting the chicken with its juices by using a spoon or brush. Chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 180 degrees in the thickest part of the bird.