A whole week celebrating Northern Michigan beer in Traverse City is slated for Friday, November 7–Friday, November 14. Traverse City Beer Week is “fashioned for the sole purpose of craft beer appreciation, customer education, and experiential learning.” There’s an endless amount of beer related fun this week including demo’s, bar crawls, mini golf, food pairings and of course plenty of local beer options!
Events throughout the week include a Short’s Pub Crawl, a sampling of sour beers, homebrewing, tastings, a tailgate, dinners and much more! For the entire list of events click here.
Start the week off a day early with the IPA Challenge in Traverse City.
On November 11 at 6 p.m. at Aerie, enjoy a delicious dessert filled evening:
- Short’s Key Lime Pie paired with Coconut Cake Pop, Key Lime Curd, White Chocolate, Toasted Macadamias
- Short’s Bludgeon Yer Eye paired with India Black Ale Dark Chocolate Cupcake, Bitter Sweet Valrhona Chocolate Ganache, Candied Orange, Spicy Cayenne
- Short’s Mmmkay paired with IPA Beer Drunken Cake Trifle, Passion Fruit Mousse, Guava Jam, Candied Violets, Lemon Scented Chantilly Cream
- Short’s Autumn Ale paired with Cinnamon Pecan Push Pop Cake, Pumpkin Butter Heaven, Pumpkin Spice and Cardamom Cream Cheese Frosting
- Short’s Bellaire Brown paired with Brown Ale and Milk Chocolate Cheesecake, Flourless Chocolate Cake Bottom, Salted Caramel Drizzle, Pretzel Dust
- Short’s Local Light paired with Vanilla Chiffon Torte, Lingonberry Jam, Fresh Berries, Honey Comb
For more information and tickets for the Short’s Beer and Cake pairing, call 231-534-6800.
To learn more about Traverse City Beer Week visit TraverseCity.com.