These forest flowers are pretty enough to eat! Try these simple spring recipes featured in Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine.
- 8 cups of mild baby greens, washed and drained
- 1 cup washed and drained violet leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, washed, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon balm, washed, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, washed, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons violet vinegar
- 1 cup washed violet flowers
Combine first six ingredients in a large salad bowl. In a small bowl whisk together violet vinegar, salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Drizzle over salad greens and toss. Arrange violet flowers on top. Serve immediately. Serves 4-6.