This delicious (and healthy!) recipe from Blue Heron’s Brian Williams is a salad that pulls inspiration from summer and fall with asparagus and its delicious apple cider and butter vinaigrette. Serves 6.
- 6 cups mixed greens (with frisée included)
- ¼ cup shaved red onion
- 1 medium pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh green beans,poached and cooled
- 1 dozen asparagus spears, poached and cooled
- 3 grilled ears of corn, cooled, kernels
- 3 medium-boiled eggs (place in cold water, bring to boil and turn off heat. Let sit in hot water for 8 minutes, place in ice water.)
- 6 ounces goat cheese
- 12 ounces smoked salmon, flaked with bones removed
- 4 cups apple cider vinegar, reduce 4 cups to 6 oz.
- ½ cup honey
- about an inch of fresh ginger root, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
Reduce vinegar to glaze. While still warm, add honey to melt. Add rest of ingredients. Evenly divide salad ingredients on six plates (cutting medium-boiled eggs in half lengthwise). Drizzle liberally with warm dressing and serve.