Sophisticated yet simple, this recipe combines the rich textures of ricotta and goat cheese with the sweetness of peaches, nectarines or other stone fruits and honey.
- ½ cup blanched whole almonds
- 2 tablespoons almond oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese, room temperature (try Idyll Farms cheese from Northport)
- 4 ounces fresh ricotta cheese
- Assorted locally grown stone fruits, such as 2 sliced nectarines, 2 halved or whole small red or yellow plums, 2 peaches, 16 white or red cherries
- 3 tablespoons wildflower or orange-blossom honey (try Food for Thought’s Wild Star Thistle Honey)
Heat almonds and oil in a skillet over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until almonds are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer almonds to a plate to cool; discard oil. Stir together cheeses, then mound on a platter, making a small well in the center with the back of a spoon. Surround with fruits and toasted almonds. Drizzle honey into center of cheese.