Northern Michigan Recipes: The Intentional Minimalist blogger Kristin Celeste captures the essence of springtime in this Spring Delight Salad. Local ingredients like Food for Thought’s wild star thistle honey and Oryana organic asparagus feature in this Up North recipe!
Look for more of Kristin’s fresh and tasty recipes on her blog The Intentional Minimalist
- 9 Bean Rows organic red onion
- 9 Bean Rows organic baby salad greens
- 9 Bean Rows organic turnip greens
- Spring Hollow Farm organic amaranth micro greens
- Oryana organic cauliflower florets
- 9 Bean Rows organic kale rabe
- Oryana organic asparagus
- 9 Bean Rows organic turnip
- 9 Bean Rows organic chives
- Oryana organic lemon
- Organic green onion infused olive oil (recipe link)
- Food for Thought wild star thistle honey
- Oryana organic sea salt
Slice one quarter cup onion and add to one tablespoon oil in warm pan. Slice one cup asparagus, one cup cauliflower florets, one cup kale rabe and one cup turnip. Add vegetables to pan, stir to coat with oil, add sea salt cover and cook for a few minutes. Zest lemon and juice lemon. Mince lemon zest and one tablespoon chives. Add one teaspoon honey, lemon juice, zest and chives to pan, remove from heat, stir, cover and let sit for a minute. Plate per salad two cups baby greens, one cup turnip greens, two cups vegetables, one half cup amaranth micro greens and drizzle with vegetable sauce from pan.