Northern Michigan Recipes: The Intentional Minimalist blogger Kristin Celeste Shroeger combines fresh spring vegetables with sweet pears and Michigan maple syrup in this innovatively healthy salad!
Look for more of Kristin’s fresh and tasty recipes on her blog The Intentional Minimalist
- 9 Bean Rows spinach 9 Bean Rows pea shoots
- 9 Bean Rows mint
- 9 Bean Rows wild leeks
- Spring Hollow Farm china rose radish micro greens
- Raw hazelnuts
- Food for Thought Michigan maple syrup
- Food for Thought organic wild leek vinegar
- Food for Thought cherry honey mustard
- Wild leek infused olive oil (recipe link)
- Sea salt
Mince one tablespoon mint and mince two teaspoons leek whites. Add mint and one teaspoon leek whites to small glass jar with two tablespoons oil, one tablespoon vinegar, one teaspoon mustard, one teaspoon maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Remove spinach from stems and plate one cup spinach and one cup pea shoots. Add another cup of spinach, one half cup pea shoots and one half cup micro greens. Slice one pear per salad and layer on greens with one quarter cup micro greens. Chop two tablespoons hazelnuts. Top salad with hazelnuts, one teaspoon leek whites and one-two tablespoons dressing.