Minimalist farm-to-table recipes created with local fresh produce paired with homemade infused oils, dressings, marinades, pestos and sauces. By eating seasonally, we reap the benefits of good health through nutrition from fresh, unprocessed and sustainable produce.
Learn more about eating and cooking locally on Kristin’s blog, The Intentional Minimalist.
See this recipe in our featured web article Northern Michigan Food: 6 Simple Sammies From Intentional Minimalist.
- Farm fresh local chicken, roasted
- Farm fresh local baby greens
- Farm fresh local pea shoots
- Farm fresh local red onion
- Local fromage blanc
- Local cherry raspberry preserves
- Local cherry honey mustard
- Local prepared horseradish
- Farm fresh local rosemary
- Farm fresh local artisan baguette
For two sandwiches, slice one quarter cup red onion, mince one sprig rosemary and shred one cup roasted chicken.
In a glass jar, whisk two tablespoons preserves with one teaspoon horseradish, two teaspoons mustard and rosemary.
Per sandwich, slice a six inch long baguette and slice baguette in half. Spread one tablespoon Berry Mustard Horseradish Sauce on bottom baguette slice, and top with one half cup baby greens, half the red onions, half the chicken and one half cup pea shoots. Spread one tablespoon fromage blanc on the top baguette slice, assemble sandwich and enjoy!