Minimalist farm-to-table recipes created with local fresh produce paired with homemade infused oils, dressings, marinades, pestos and sauces. By eating seasonally, we reap the benefits of good health through nutrition from fresh, unprocessed and sustainable produce.
Learn more on eating and cooking locally at Kristin’s blog, The Intentional Minimalist.
- Farm fresh local red onions
- Farm fresh local white onions
- Farm fresh local shallots
- Farm fresh local red potatoes
- Homemade green onion infused olive oil (recipe link)
- Local porter
- Local lavender chef’s finishing essence
- Farm fresh local dried bay leaves
- Local pepper jack cheese
- Farm fresh local chives
- Mediterranean cyprus white flake salt
Slice three red onions, three white onions and three shallots. Add onions and shallots to a large metal stock pot with two tablespoons green onion infused olive oil and sauté until caramelized.
Slice six small red potatoes. Slowly add 12 ounces porter to onions, simmer and reduce liquid in half. Add potatoes, six cups water, two dried bay leaves, one tablespoon lavender chef’s finishing essence and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook covered on low for 20 minutes.
Mince chives. Grate cheese. Remove soup from stove and remove bay leaves from soup. Serve soup topped with a tablespoon of grated cheese, a half teaspoon of chives and flake salt to taste.