Traverse’s food and drink editor, Tim Tebeau, offers this recipe for Mother’s Ruin Punch, a refreshing gin-based and fruit-ridden cocktail inspired by Death & Co.: Classic Modern Cocktails that’ll shake up any party.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 6 ounces chilled club soda
- 12 ounces cup Mammoth Old Dam Gin
- 12 ounces fresh grapefruit juice, plus three thinly sliced grapefruit wheels, for garnish
- 6 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 6 ounces sweet vermouth
- 18 ounces chilled M.Lawrence US, sparkling wine
In a large pitcher, stir the sugar with the club soda until dissolved. Stir in the gin, grape fruit and lemon juices and sweet vermouth and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour. Transfer the punch to a large bowl. Gently stir in the sparkling wine and float the grapefruit wheels on top.
Serve in punch glasses over ice.