Also enjoy these vibrant recipes with bold flavors (we recommend at a dockside dinner party!).
- 1 pound carrots, shaved (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
In a jar with a tightly fitting lid, mix together oil, lemon and orange juices, garlic, honey, cayenne and cinnamon. Combine carrots, mint and cilantro in a large bowl. Pour dressing over carrot salad and toss to combine. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to meld and permeate the carrots. Served chilled or at room temperature.