This lavish pasta would make a perfect Valentine’s dinner for two (or an any day dinner for one!).
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Cognac (may substitute dry sherry)
- Zest of 1 orange OR grapefruit
- Zest of 1 lemon OR lime
- pinch salt
- 1/2 pound dried linguini
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- Extra Parmesan cheese to pass
Warm cream in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add Cognac, orange zest, lemon zest and salt. Simmer sauce 10 minutes, but don’t let come to a full boil. Meanwhile, cook pasta in salted boiling water to al dente. Toss drained pasta with sauce, Parmesan cheese, mint and thyme. Transfer to serving dish. Pass extra Parmesan at the table. Serves 2.