We think this retro recipe should be paired with an A-frame vacay in Northern Michigan. Follow us to a sweet cottage and see the full menu of nostalgic snacks.
- 4 1/2 cups boiling water, divided
- 7 3-ounce packages of Jell-O (a mix of flavors)
- 4 1/2 cups cold water, divided
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk, divided
- 1 8-ounce carton of frozen whipped topping, thawed
In a small bowl, add 3/4 cup boiling water to one Jell-O package; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Stir in 3/4 cup cold water. Pour into a 3 quart trifle or glass bowl. Refrigerate until just set, about 40 minutes.
In a clean bowl, dissolve another (color) package of Jell-O in 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir in 1/2 cup cold water and 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Spoon over the first layer. Refrigerate until just set.
Repeat first two steps five times, alternating between the plain and creamy gelatin layers. Serve with whipped topping.