This recipe by Andi Pellici of As You Dish in Traverse City was originally featured in the May 2016 issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine. For more on Andi, check out her foodie file.
- 1 baguette
- 4 ounce log of goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
- Daniela’s Delectables Saskatoon Jam (squareup.com/market/danielas-delectables)
- Toasted pepitas
- Fresh basil, chiffonade
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice baguette into 1/4-inch-thick slices and arrange on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake baguette slices in 350-degree oven until lightly toasted, approximately 10 to 12 minutes. In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, heavy cream, lemon zest and Pink Himalayan salt. Spread goat cheese mixture on top of toasted baguette slice. Top with a dollop of Saskatoon jam, a pinch of basil chiffonade and three toasted pepitas.