- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup egg substitute or 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
Stir the blueberries and orange juice concentrate together in a saucepan and heat gently. Preheat the oven to 250°F.
Combine the egg substitute or eggs with the milk and vanilla. Heat a large heavy skillet and coat with pan spray. Dip as many slices of bread as will fit in the pan into the egg mixture and cook until brown on one side. Turn and brown the other side. Keep warm in the oven. Repeat with the rest of the bread. Divide the French toast among 4 hot plates and spoon the sauce over them. Serves 4.
Wine pairing: Off Dry Sparkling