Delish recipes from an evening with friends, simple ingredients cooked on an open fire and a shoreline setting that is elixir for the soul. Enjoy this grain salad recipe, and read “Esch Road Beach Dinner” as featured in Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine.
- 2 cups farro, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup microgreen mix
- 1⁄2 cup spring mix greens
- 1⁄2 cup sliced radishes
- 1⁄2 cup toasted and salted pumpkin seeds
- 1⁄2 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Dill and chive blooms for garnish
Precook the farro. Cool. Place in the bottom of the bowl and toss with lettuce, radishes and tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with microgreens and toasted pumpkin seeds. Garnish with dill and chive blossoms. Dress salad and toss before serving.
- Equal parts olive oil and white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
Place all ingredients in a jar with a tight cover and shake vigorously.