Sari King of Crazy Woman Cookies in Boyne City shares her recipe for lavender cookies with white chocolate ganache just in time for the holiday season.
Find more of Sari’s cookie recipes in the December 2014 issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan’s Magazine. (Get your copy here!)
Or view them on MyNorth:
- Bocca di Nonna with Earl Grey Ganache
- Chai Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Chocolate Chip Dipped in Dark Chocolate with White Chocolate Design
- Double Chocolate Chip Cookies Dipped in Dark Chocolate and Peppermint Candy
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 drops lavender essential oil (must be GRAS certified—generally regarded as safe for human consumption)
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
White Chocolate Ganache
- 2 cups pure white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Garnish with edible lavender buds and silver sprinkles
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix chilled butter and granulated sugar until blended with an electric mixer. Add one egg at a time until fully incorporated. Add drops of lavender essential oil and continue to mix. In another bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda, adding these dry ingredients to the moist.
Portion dough at 2 ounces each, rolling into balls. Bake 15 minutes or until cookie has no glossy look. While cookies are cooling on rack, in a double boiler, melt white chocolate, adding oil to keep from becoming dry and hard to dip. Dip cookie edge, lay out on parchment paper and immediately sprinkle with lavender buds and sprinkles.