Yield: 1 Quart
This holiday recipe comes from Chef Jim Morse at The Boathouse in Traverse City. Jim is a fourth generation Northern Michigan native and attended culinary school at the Great Lakes Culinary Institute at Northwestern Michigan College. He started working at The Boathouse as Sous Chef in 2000 and became Executive Chef in 2002. Jim then moved to Siren Hall in Elk Rapids in 2008 where he spent five years as Sous Chef. He returned to The Boathouse as Executive Chef in the fall of 2013.
- 2 pounds fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 32 ounces orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
1. Combine cranberries and sugar in stainless steel sauce pan.
2. Cook over low heat until cranberries break down and sauce begins to thicken, about 30 minutes.
3. Remove from heat, stir in remaining ingredients.
Makes a great condiment for holiday gatherings. Also great on leftover turkey sandwiches.