Makes six to eight slices.
- 1 teaspoon butter (for greasing pie plate)
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, if desired
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups mixed berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, and/or sliced strawberries, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, sifted
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine whipping cream, milk, eggs, flour, granulated sugar if desired, melted butter, vanilla and salt. Using an electric mixer on low speed, beat until smooth.
Arrange mixed berries in prepared pie plate or custard cups. Pour batter over berries. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until puffed and light brown. Cool for 15 to 20 minutes on a wire rack. Sift powdered sugar over top. Serve warm.