- 1 small bunch washed asparagus (about 3⁄4 pound) 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4-5 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Hold asparagus at the end of the stem and bend
to break. Discard ends. Cut spears into 1-inch pieces.
3. Melt the butter in an oven safe skillet. Add onions and cook over medium heat until tender.
4. Add asparagus pieces to pan along with 1 tablespoon of water. Cover the pan and allow the asparagus to steam for 1-3 minutes, until tender.
5. Meanwhile, mix together the eggs with the milk.
6. Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
Sea salt to taste (or regular salt)
Black pepper to taste
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
1/4 cup grated cheese such as cheddar, monterey jack, or crumbled feta
7. Pour the egg mixture into the pan with the asparagus and onions. Add the cheese, pressing it gently into the eggs. Cook on the stovetop for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer pan to the oven and bake until the eggs are just set. Check after 5 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven, cool for a few minutes and then slice into serving size wedges.
Serve with salad, good bread and maybe a few steamed new potatoes.