Youth Conservation Corps MemberÂ –Â Benzie and Grand Traverse Counties, and surrounding area
Youth Corps crew members will add value to their communities, the environment and themselves through their dedicated service. Crew members will participate in a rigorous program of work, education and training and complete environmental restoration, park maintenance, community service and building projects within Northern Michigan. Crew members are responsible for following all rules and guidelineÂs and adding positively to the crew.
Â Essential Duties
- Serve on a crew, fully participating with crew members and under the direction of the Team Leader on assigned environmental, conservation, energy efficiency, housing and human service projects.
- Participate in projects, which will include one or more of the following:
- Environmental conservation projects such as plantings, and removal of invasive species, building trails, viewing platforms, and boardwalks, performing cleanup or beautification.
- Energy efficiency related projects include weatherizing, sealing doors/windows, and other energy conservation measures for homes and building especially those housing or serving low-income families.
- Community services will include event and clean-up support to nonprofits, communicating with the public about issues related to energy, food, transportation and natural resources.
- Participate in tool training and receive ongoing education and training on safety, team building, leadership, civic engagement, job skills and other environmental topics.
- Participate in recording daily events while on the job
- Participate in daily morning communication huddles
This position pays $10.10 per hour, plus an education award upon the completion of 300 hours of service.
More jobs at SEEDS