NMCAA is seeking a Seasonal, Part Time Utility Program Specialist
The purpose for this program is to meet the needs of Utility Program customers and work to resolve problems or concerns they have.
Essential Functions include:
- Setting and administering appointments with clients seeking energy assistance, including using the MI Bridges system to access referrals.
- Maintaining an understanding of NMCAA programming to provide referrals as appropriate.
- Maintenance of complete customer files in FacsPro with case notes as appropriate.
- Performing client advocacy with utility companies and vendors.
- Create appropriate self-sufficiency plan through needs assessment, vendor advocacy, energy education, financial counseling and/or case management.
- Educating clients on Affordable Payment Plan options as applicable.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, a cooperative and effective team member.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with multiple interruptions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience working in human services or related field
- No experience necessary, although 1 to 2 years in a customer service and/or human service setting and with low-income populations preferred
Wage is $13.71 and is located in Traverse City
This is a seasonal, part time position
More jobs at Northwest Michigan Community Action Agency