DK Security is Michigan’s fastest growing security company. Established in 1995, we began as an investigations firm and quickly expanded to provide uniform security, event staff security, loss prevention services, and much more based on the needs of our clients.
DK Security can provide you an opportunity to grow, develop and meet new people in a professional setting. We offer you the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of working on a team in a position that serves a critical purpose. DK has earned a reputable name in the security industry thanks to our outstanding officers that work in the field, and we cannot wait to have you join our team!
TITLE:Loss Prevention Store Detective
Afternoons, Evenings, and Weekends
Hours Will Vary Based on Client Needs
40+ hours/week (full-time)
SCOPE:Store Detectives are responsible for protecting a store’s assets – cash, merchandise, property, and to ensure a safe and secure environment for persons on store property. Store Detectives at DK Security are not just deterring criminal activity, we are actively apprehending shoplifters on a daily basis. Store Detectives at DK Security use a hands-off approach and verbal de-escalation skills to obtain peaceful compliance from shoplifters.
- Watch for suspicious activity among shoppers, store employees, vendors and delivery people. Store Detectives will utilize time both physically on the floor and behind the scenes utilizing CCTV.
- Will actively monitor CCTV, and well as pull and burn recorded video footage for investigations.
- Detect and apprehend shoplifters.
- Conduct investigations and document felonious activities by employees and customers.
- Will write detailed incident reports on all apprehensions.
- Will file complaints and investigations with law enforcement.
- May be called to testify in court regarding apprehensions or investigations.
- Will travel to multiple retail locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have either a high school diploma or GED equivalent (some college is preferred).
- Must be of good moral character and have the ability to pass a criminal background check, with no felony convictions, and no misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, illegal substances, multiple alcohol related offenses, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test at the time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and email.
- 1-2 years industry experience is preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel to various locations.
- Must have a clean driving record with less than 3 moving violations in the last 3 years, less than 2 at-fault accidents in the last 3 years, and no other major violations in the last 3 years.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically and mentally sound
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8-12 hour shifts, including walking long distances, and possibly up and down stairs
- Must be readily able to respond to emergency situations
- Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons
- Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way radio) in noisy environments.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have flexible availability and willingness to work on short notice.
- Note:_ Internal Candidates with an active disciplinary action in his/her personnel file will NOT be considered for this position._
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK Security’s job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.
M/F EEO/AA Employer
REPORTS TO:Loss Prevention Regional Supervisor / Manager
- Rate of Pay: $13.00-$15.00+/ hour (starting pay dependent on industry experience)
- Mileage Reimbursement: $0.445/mile for any travel which requires you to drive more than 30 miles in a roundtrip. (Example: round trip is 50 miles, you’ll be reimbursed for 20 miles).
- Benefits for full-time employees include Medical, Dental, Vision, Whole Life, On & Off The Job Accident, Short Term Disability, Critical Illness insurance, and paid time off.
Position: Undercover Store Detective Position/Loss Prevention
Location: Traverse City, MI
Job Id: 0037- 12-28-18
# of Openings: 1
More jobs at Dk Security