Bata is seeking a Transportation Services Manager
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director and the Director of Administrative Services, plans and directs the operation of transportation services, including the general administration, personnel issues, budgeting, and policies and procedures development. Oversees the day-to-day operations of the department, monitors performance and administers policies, procedures and regulations.
Essential Job Functions:
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions.
– Plans, organizes and directs all aspects of transportation services operations including personnel management, budgeting, general administration, and capital needs assessment. Develops, recommends and implements policies and procedures in accordance with departmental directives and BATA guidelines.
– Participates in the hiring, training, supervision, evaluation and discipline of departmental employees. Supervises personnel, assigns work, monitors employee performance and efficiency.
Takes disciplinary action according to established procedures, participates in grievance procedures, and otherwise administers labor contracts.
– Ensures operations are carried out in a safe and efficient manner. Oversees departmental safety training, participates as a member of the safety committee, implements safety awareness programming, instructs employees on safety standards and ensures compliance with all applicable safety rules and procedures. Participates with American’s with Disability Act (ADA) implementation and compliance.
– Conducts research, compiles information, and prepares reports. Maintains detailed record keeping system according to established requirements.
– Assesses department operations, staffing levels, facilities, and equipment. Develops annual budget requests, administers the department budget, and ensures that authorized budgetary procedures are properly used. Purchases supplies, equipment, and materials according to established procedures.
– Directs and participates in the inspection of shelters and signs to determine maintenance needs and assure compliance with established standards. Responds to complaints or inquires from citizens and customers.
– Keeps abreast of new developments in the field, new administrative techniques, and current issues through professional growth.
– Collaborates with other departments, and/or the Operations Manager, on special projects.
– Attends meetings and makes presentations as requested.
– Rotates shifts and on-call duties as required.
– Perform related work as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Minimum Qualifications:
- Educational requirements include an Associate’s Degree or the equivalent in business administration, technical management administration, or related field.
- Experience requirements include five years of progressively more responsible experience in administrative and supervisory duties.
- A valid Michigan driver’s license is required.
- Thorough knowledge of management techniques involved in operations management, budgeting, personnel administration, and contract and project administration.
- Considerable knowledge of equipment operational demands in the delivery of a transportation service.
- Skill in assembling and analyzing data, and in preparing comprehensive and accurate reports.
- Skill in effectively communicating ideas and concepts orally and in writing.
- Skill in the use of office equipment and technology, including computers and a variety of related software, and the ability to master new technologies.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and use good judgment, initiative and resourcefulness when dealing with the employees, public, administrators, and professional contacts.
- Ability to critically assess situations and solve problems, maintain confidentiality and work effectively under stress, within deadlines, and changes in work priorities.
- Ability to effectively lead and motivate others and train, supervise, and evaluate their work.
More jobs at Bata