Ensure safe, cost effective transportation of petroleum products to company stores and dealer accounts.
High school degree or equivalent, combined with a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in transportation management. Candidates with a Bachelor in Supply Chain, Logistics or relevant field a plus.
Sound knowledge of supply chain management principles.
In-depth knowledge of state and federal regulations governing transportation and storage of hazardous materials.
Strong organizational skills.
Previous experience in customer service, demonstrating tact, diplomacy and problem solving skills.
Excellent communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with employees and customers at all levels.
Previous experience with budget planning and management.
Excellent supervisory and leadership skills.
Well-developed analytical skills. #CA
- Supervision: Establishes performance criteria for drivers and supervisors. Monitors daily assignments, adjusts schedules to ensure deliveries are completed safely and on time. Monitors driver performance and works with Branch Managers and Lead Drivers to provide timely feedback. Addresses performance issues promptly. Works with Branch Managers to hire new Drivers.
- Financial Management: Develops and monitors operating budgets for the department. Works with the Fleet Manager to plan and coordinate budgets for equipment maintenance and replacement. Monitors overtime and all expenses to ensure budget goals are met.
- Customer Service: Develops and maintains effective working relationships with customers. Communicates customer service requirements to drivers. Works with customers to resolve any problems or complaints and implements solutions to repetitive problems. Assists in developing new business through effective customer services and monitoring changes in business activity.
- Safety: Establishes and communicates standards and procedures to ensure safe operations of all transport vehicles. Monitors training and works with Branch Managers and Lead Drivers to ensure all required training is completed on time. Ensures training reflects state and federal safety standards and regulations. Audits Driver logs to ensure compliance with DOT regulations.
- Planning and Organizing: Ensures staffing levels and schedules for Drivers and equipment meet petroleum sales commitments. Plans for seasonal changes in demand. Negotiates with common carriers to provide additional capacity during peak periods.
Maintaining compliance with DOT regulations and monitoring changes in regulations. Hiring qualified drivers in a competitive labor market. Providing useful performance feedback to drivers on a regular basis. Monitoring expenditures to meet budget goals.
Most Complex Problems:
Ensuring an appropriate balance between driver safety and customer service while meeting all delivery schedules. Identifying and developing new business opportunities.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY AND RESPONSIBILITY:
Hires new drivers, establishes performances standards and monitors performance of drivers. Approves schedules and overtime. Negotiates with common carriers and ensures contracts comply with Company purchasing standards. Ensures department policies and procedures meet state and federal regulations.
Other decisions referred for approval
Works with the Fleet Manager to schedule equipment maintenance, ensuring maintenance schedules are reflected in overall delivery planning. Prepares budgets to comply with overall budgets for Petroleum Operations.
External Company Name: Blarney Castle Oil Co
External Company URL: www.blarneycastleoil.com
Street: 12218 West Street
More jobs at Blarney Castle Oil