LOCATION: TRAVERSE CITY, MI
FACILITY: TENDERCARE BIRCHWOOD
Have you wanted to explore a career in healthcare?
Are you considered a compassionate person?
Do you enjoy helping others?
We offer a training scholarship to begin your career in healthcare.Â This scholarship is for you learn to become a certified nursing assistant.Â You will be provided with the training and upon completion be offered a position at one of our local health centers.
Under the supervision of the assigned LPN/LVN or RN Unit Supervisor provides activities and related services necessary in caring for the personal needs, safety, and comfort of residents/patients as assigned. Assists in providing a positive physical, social, and psychological environment. Follows all Center policies and procedures.
No direct reports.
1. Assists with resident/patient care needs and comforts including but not limited to:
* *Makes both occupied and unoccupied beds (as assigned).
* *Checks residents/patients frequently to assure that their personal care needs are being met.
* *Answers call lights promptly.
2. Performs food service functions including:
* Serves food trays.
* Serves between meal and bedtime snacks.
* Keeps resident’s/patient’s water pitchers clean and filled with fresh water on each shift.
3. Assists with keeping nursing and resident/patient care area neat, sanitary, and orderly.
4. Appropriately records charges for supplies.
5. Participates in the Interdisciplinary Plan of Care (“IPOC”) process as assigned.
6. Follows work assignments and schedules.
7. Complies with laws and regulations applicable to position and acts in accordance with Center’s Corporate Compliance Program.
8. Attends and participates in in-service training, performance improvement (“PI”) committees and other meetings as scheduled and directed.
9. Treats all residents, visitors, and staff with courtesy.
10. Assists in orientation and training of employees as assigned.
* Knows and follows facility rules.
* Demonstrates proper use of equipment. Reports equipment needs or repairs.
* Follows facility smoking policies.
* Reports and documents any incidents or accidents of residents, staff or visitors to the appropriate facility personnel.
* *Performs duties, which may include transportation of residents, as assigned in Facility Disaster Plan.
* Uses required protective equipment.
* Follows infection control standards, policies and procedures.
* Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to Supervisor.
12. Resident Rights
* Knows Resident Rights. Helps the residents/patients exercise and/or protect their rights.
* Reports resident/patient complaints to management.
* Maintains confidentiality of resident/patient information.
* Follows and adheres to Center’s policies and procedures implementing HIPAA requirements for the privacy and security of protected health information.
* Uses and/or discloses only minimum amount of Protected Health Information necessary to complete assigned tasks. (Applies only if position requires access to PHI under Role Based Access Grid.)
* Reports all suspected violation of company’s HIPAA policies or procedures to Facility Privacy Designee.
* Performs other duties as assigned and consistent with the level of preparation and experience.
* Works overtime, holiday and weekend hours as scheduled
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Prior experience working in a long-term care facility is a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities: Able to relate positively, effectively, and appropriately with residents/patients, families, community members, volunteers and other facility staff. Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care residents/patients and the elderly. Able to read, write, speak and understand English. Meets all health requirements, as required by law. Demonstrates basic computer knowledge and ability with an aptitude to learn company applications
ENVIRONMENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The responsibilities of this position involve significant physical activities including standing, lifting (up to 60 pounds unassisted), bending, stooping, pushing, pulling and twisting. All employees of nursing homes may be required to provide lifting and transfer assistance to residents. Lifting and/or transferring some residents will require use of a lifting device and /or assistance of other staff.
The center is committed to helping individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce and ensuring equal opportunity to apply and compete for jobs. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or need an alternative method for applying for positions at… For full info follow application link.
More jobs at FMG LaFranier Road Michigan LLC