– High School diploma.
– Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
– Interact with students and supervise classroom activities, playground, and lunchroom.
– Work in a consistent and individualized manner with students.
– Willingness to work in areas of: self help (toileting, diapering, dressing, feeding), medical procedures (gastric tube feedings, trachostomy) and administering of medication per district policy.
– Keep classroom records (attendance, behavior documentation, lunch count).
– Knowledge of physical, cognitive, and emotional impairments desirable.
– Participate in crisis management training.
– Willingness to deal with a wide range of student behaviors.
– Understand and follow policy on confidentiality.
– Interact appropriately with the public.
– Work effectively as a team player.
– Daily attendance is required.
– Other duties assigned by the classroom teacher and/or supervisor.
– Understand and implement emergency medical procedures as needed.
– Participate in adaptive physical education and swimming programs with students.
– Accompany student(s) into mainstreamed classes and adapt directions and assignments to student’s level.
– Willingness to acquire and develop knowledge of computer technology.
– Willingness to be trained in assistive technology.
– Ability to meet time and attendance expectations.
More jobs at Traverse Bay Area ISD