– High School diploma.
– Ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
– Interact with students and supervise classroom activities, playground, lunchroom.
– Work in a consistent and individualized manner with students.
– Willingness to work in areas of: self help (toileting, diapering, dressing, feeding), medical procedures (gastric tube feedings, trachostomy) and administering of medication per district policy.
– Keep classroom records (attendance, behavior documentation, lunch count).
– Knowledge of physical, cognitive, and emotional impairments desirable.
– Participate in crisis management training.
– Willingness to deal with a wide range of student behaviors.
– Understand and follow policy on confidentiality.
– Interact appropriately with the public.
– Work effectively as a team player.
– Daily attendance is required.
– Other duties assigned by the classroom teacher and/or supervisor.
– Understand and implement emergency medical procedures as needed.
– Assist teacher in completing daily level sheets that are sent to parents/guardians.
– Assist teacher in reviewing daily bus reports and implementing appropriate positive and negative consequences based on bus report.
– Implement and monitor individual behavior management plans.
– Demonstrate a calm demeanor during crisis situations.
– Willingness to participate in outdoor education curriculum and activities.
– Demonstrate flexibility when taking breaks and lunch dependent on student behaviors and needs.
– Ability to meet time and attendance expectations.
More jobs at Traverse Bay Area ISD