Traverse Bay Area ISD is seeking Teaching Assistants for the New Campus.
Position begins in August 2018.
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
- Interact with students and supervise classroom activities, playground, lunchroom
- Work in a consistent and individualized manner with students
- Willingness to work in areas of: self help (toileting, diapering, dressing, feeding), medical procedures (gastric tube feedings, trachostomy) and administering of medication per district policy
- Keep classroom records (attendance, behavior documentation, lunch count)
- Knowledge of physical, cognitive, and emotional impairments desirable
- Participate in crisis management training
- Willingness to deal with a wide range of student behaviors
- Understand and follow policy on confidentiality
- Interact appropriately with the public
- Work effectively as a team player
- Daily attendance is required
- Other duties assigned by the classroom teacher and/or supervisor
- Understand and implement emergency medical procedures as needed
- Assist teacher in completing daily level sheets that are sent to parents/guardians
- Assist teacher in reviewing daily bus reports and implementing appropriate positive and negative consequences based on bus report
- Implement and monitor individual behavior management plans
- Demonstrate a calm demeanor during crisis situations
- Willingness to participate in outdoor education curriculum and activities
- Demonstrate flexibility when taking breaks and lunch dependent on student behaviors and needs
It is the policy of the Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, national origin, creed or ancestry, political belief, sex, disability, handicap, religion, age, height, weight, or marital status be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity and in employment.
More jobs at Traverse Bay Area ISD