JOB TITLE: Systems Security Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
SUPERVISOR: Director of Information Technology
BACKGROUND CHECK: Extensive
STATUS: Exempt â Bi Weekly Pay
âIndian Preference is applicable in accordance with Ordinance #15-600-02â
This position administers and maintains all network, communications and software security as well as the physical access security system of the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians Tribal Government.
EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS – A Qualified Candidate Offers:
– Bachelor degree in Computer Science, or similar computer degree and 6 years of I.T. experience; and
– 1 year experience in supervision; and
– A valid Operatorâs License with the ability to be insured under Tribeâs policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains the security of all networked computers, systems, software and devices.
2. Maintains the access security system of governmental buildings.
3. Assures the security of all network functions while meeting end user needs of software access and usability.
4. Assures the security of all servers and applications.
5. Provides security reports and daily maintenance of all security needs and requirements for network.
6. Represents the department, as requested, in meetings with Tribal Council, other Tribes, outside agencies, or in seminars and serves as an ambassador of goodwill at all times.
7. Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of work and complies with all applicable tribal, federal, or state laws and procedures.
8. Deals with employees and other agencies in a professional and courteous manner.
9. Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of work and complies with all applicable tribal, federal, or state laws and procedures.
10. All other position related duties as assigned by supervisor.
11. Obtain and maintain HIPAA Security Certification.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
During the course of employment, the employee will consistently utilize and demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational and project management skills, strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, a heightened attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with other departments, and a commitment to confidentiality.
Supervises IT Technicians.
Sitting for long periods of time, frequent walking, and occasional reaching, bending, kneeling, or stretching is to be expected. The nature of the work also involves manual dexterity to operate office equipment and while keyboarding. An employee will need normal, or corrected to normal range of sight and hearing and will carry work related materials up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
The majority of work is performed in a climate controlled office environment, though periods of exposure to outdoor elements is to be expected. The employeeâs work schedule may periodically need to be flexible and adjusted according to business need. The employee must be able to effectively handle stressful and compromising situations while remaining focused and professional, as well as be able to deal with difficult people without losing perspective. Occasional overnight or local travel will be necessary to attend meetings or trainings.
DISCLAIMER AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job title. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.
Conditions of employment with Little River Band of Ottawa Indians Tribal Government includes: passing a pre-employment drug test, passing an extensive background investigation in accordance with Gaming Commission regulations, successfully completing a 90-day introductory period, possessing a valid Driverâs License throughout employment, and being insurable under the companyâs auto policy.
More jobs at Little River Band of Ottawa Indians - Tribal Gov't