TBAISD is seeking Summer Program Job Coach Assistants for the Life Skills Center.
Effective Date: June 19- August 9, 2018
Circumstances: 5 half days/wk; 8:00-12:00 (approx)
- Minimum of two year’s relevant work experience in vocational program.
- Be able to work effectively with all ability levels of students especially low functioning special education students.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn how to do a task analysis.
- Desire and ability to work in the community closely with employers.
- Ability to work in a consistent and individualized manner with students.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
1. Developing a task analysis at the assigned work experience site.
2. Daily data collection and evaluation.
3. Able to use behavioral techniques to teach skills.
4. Using community-referenced non-aversive behavior management techniques to teach and/or promote maximum skill level.
5. Communicating with teachers and other professionals working toward the same valued outcomes.
ADDITIONAL SITE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Complementing, supplementing, and reinforcing the students’ vocational skills.
2. Work individually teaching safety rules at the job site.
3. Be flexible and adaptable.
4. Attend and participate in work site orientation meetings.
5. Attend and participate at evaluation feedback meetings.
6. Report and document any concerns, questions, or conflicts regarding any student.
More jobs at Traverse Bay Area ISD