Big Lots, in Traverse City, is seeking Store Associates
Job Duties include:
Performs general store operations duties as directed, including cashiering, truck unloading, stocking and merchandise recovery.
- Greets customers and assists them as required to maintain the highest level of customer service.
- Participates in: – freight flow process – merchandise presentation and recovery – cashiering including customer loyalty program – furniture department operations – carry-outs – cart retrieval.
- Maintains appearance of the store’s interior and exterior to company standards including light maintenance duties and cleaning.
- Assists in control of shrink and safety results.
- Prior retail experience preferred.
- Previous experience operating a cash register preferred.
- Mobility to move freely throughout sales floor and stockroom on a continual basis throughout the shift required. Ability to lift, carry, push and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Frequently required to stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop or kneel.
- Basic English literacy and math skills required.
- Strong customer service and communication skills required.
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule preferred.
Multiple positions available, including Floor Associate, Furniture Associate, Cashier and Stock Team
Wage range of $10-$12 per hour, based on experience
Flexible Work Schedule ~ Weekly Pay ~ 20% employee discount on everything in the store ~ 30% employee discount on furniture items ~ potential advancement opportunities ~ some insurance benefits ~ some time off benefits.
More jobs at Big Lots