$500.00 signing bonus at 90 days.
Century Sun is currently seeking a new team member in our Shipping/Receiving department. The person in this position receives incoming work, confirms customer requirements and determines how to process. They also inspect and ship completed work.
The ideal Shipping/Receiving Clerk candidate will:
- Be detail oriented
- Communicate well with teammates
- Comply with company safety and quality requirements
- Be comfortable completing paperwork in writing or on a computer
- Be willing to learn about our customers and industry
- Look for opportunities to improve our processes and customer experience
- Enjoy a busy work day with a variety of tasks
- Not want to sit behind a desk all day
- Be interested in the manufacturing industry and how things are made
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
A Shipping/Receiving Clerk will be expected to:
- Comply with all safety and quality requirements
- Be certified or become certified to drive a hi-lo in an industrial setting
- Read industrial prints
- Utilize computerized visual shop system
- Perform inspection such as hardness testing on completed parts
- Locate and distribute parts to the appropriate teams
- Package freight / UPS
- Load /Unload trucks
- Become knowledgeable about truck routes
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Ability to read and interpret general communications. Ability to write business correspondence and to effectively present information to managers and co-workers.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Applicant must be in good physical condition and able to push and pull heavy carts, pick up or carry heavy objects.
More jobs at Century, Inc.