TBAISD is seeking a Service Area Supervisor for the Special Education Program
Classification: Level III Administrator
Reports To: Assistant Superintendent for Special Education and Local Area Superintendent
Location: New Campus School
1. Master’s degree or equivalent.
2. Valid Michigan teaching certificate with special education endorsement or certification/licensure in at least one area of special education.
3. Full or temporary state approval for Director or Supervisor of Special Education.
4. Experience programming for students whose behavior interferes with learning.
5. At least two years’ administrative experience.
6. Knowledgeable about curriculum and best practice in instruction.
7. Current Crisis Prevention Institute training.
8. Adaptive Schools training and experience implementing those principles.
9. Trauma-informed practices training and experience implementing those practices.
10. Creative, hands-on problem solver who builds relationships with individual students, ISD staff members, and LEA staff, as well as among team members.
Employment Terms: 260-day contract as a minimum, the fringe benefits covering the professional employees. wage based on education level and years of experience.
Evaluation: Performance will be evaluated every year by the Assistant Superintendent for Special Education.
Job Goal: To maintain an effective, high quality special education program within the Intermediate School District.
1. Provide the leadership and environment necessary to organize, administer and evaluate a Comprehensive program of Special Education in the areas assigned under the Policies of the Board of Education and the Administrative Guidelines approved by the Superintendent. Provide a leadership role in supporting effective teaching in all programs and services.
2. Ensure compliance with all special education laws, regulations, and rules at all times.
3. Provide the Assistant Superintendent with the information and support needed to carry out his/her responsibilities in the areas of staff, curriculum, facilities, finance and organization of student services.
4. Evaluate and support the growth of professional, teacher assistant, paraprofessional, custodial and clerical staff in a timely manner, and report such evaluations to the Assistant Superintendent of Special Education.
5. Develop program practices which provide for a safe environment, effective educational programs and ongoing communication and collaboration with parents, community partners, and LEAs.
6. Prepares, maintains and evaluates all necessary records as directed by the Administration and the Michigan Department of Education. Assumes a leadership role in the monitoring of programs as per Federal and State mandates.
7. Assign personnel under the direction of the Assistant Superintendent, prepares schedules and performs such other operations of special education in the district.
8. Maintain a high level of professionalism in the educational administration of all programs, working cooperatively with other supervisors to insure quality programs for all students within the Intermediate School District and presenting a positive image of the Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District to the general public.
9. Provide daily supervision of the New Campus School.
10. Support effective instructional delivery and behavior supports at New Campus School.
11. Maintain continuous personal professional development and growth with support of the Assistant Superintendent.
12. Other duties as assigned by the Assistant Superintendent.
More jobs at Traverse Bay Area ISD