ATLAS Space Operations is seeking a software engineer who wants to be on the cutting edge of the New Space industry. This highly competitive and rewarding position is based out of Traverse City, Michigan with the option of working remotely or from your home.
About ATLAS Space Operations:
ATLAS Space Operations, Inc. provides a revolutionary approach to satellite communications and in 2017 was listed by Morgan Stanley as a top 12 disruptor in the satellite industry – by providing satcom as a service.
ATLAS was founded on the ideal of providing affordable access to space for all. We believe that providing an exceptional level of service shouldn’t be cost prohibitive. Stemming from the innovation in the satellite and launch sectors there became a data bottleneck on the ground – with no solution in sight. Enter ATLAS.
Unlike legacy ground solutions, ATLAS utilizes a software-centric, cloud-based approach – the Freedom™ Software Platform. This proprietary software allows us to cut costly overhead, streamline operations and allow customers to gather more data, faster from space for use in the real world.
?We developed an ever-growing ground network of antenna designed to cover more of the globe without increasing costs to the customer. Built around the Freedom™ Software Platform, our network provides a simple, affordable, scalable option for satellite operators and launch companies alike.
From spacecraft, to antenna, to your customer – our simplified approach supplies the data you need, when you need it.
- As a Senior Back-End Software Engineer for ATLAS, you will be responsible for certain aspects of our automation platform.
- This includes utilizing AWS S3, SNS, SQS, RDS, CloudWatch, and more as the company continues to grow.
- In addition the you will be responsible for providing solutions for cloud based deployment and management of servers.
- AS/BS in Engineering with technical experience in software design
- Strong Java 8 skills
- REST Services
- AWS Services
- Strong background in object oriented programming
- Knowledge of Spring Framework
- Test driven development. Write, test, improve often.
- Strongly Desired Qualifications:
- API Design and Development
- Apache Maven
- Knowledge of Satellite Communications or Ground Systems
More jobs at ATLAS Space Operations