Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the predictive maintenance activities within the Mechanical Maintenance Department. Administers all aspects of the predictive maintenance activities including vibration collection and analysis, oil sampling and analysis, and thermal imaging and analysis. Manages projects for plant improvements and upgrades.
1. Conducts all selective inspections in the plant.
2. Evaluates cost reduction opportunities.
3. Records and analyzes selective inspection data to determine mechanical problems; Updates existing plant maintenance and preventative maintenance systems; troubleshoots any equipment and/or machinery malfunctions to determine root cause(s) and develops corrective action plans to rectify the problems.
4. Conducts technical reviews of vendors and contractors to ensure that they are capable of providing the equipment, machinery, and/or services that we require.
5. Updates existing plant maintenance and preventative maintenance systems; creates weekly and monthly plant equipment condition status reports..
Responsibilities and Duties
- Leads the measurement, tracking and development of replacement plans for all wearing parts in the plant.
- Leads the investigation, research and development of new materials in the plant.
- Leads the continuous improvement of all operating equipment conditions.
- Ensures the safety of subordinates through enforcing safe work practices and providing motivation and effective communication.
- Responds to and completes emergency work
- Supervises and directs maintenance contractors working on the plant site as required.
- Ensures contractorâs time is being managed.
- Participates in Daily and Weekly Planning Meetings.
Qualifications and Skills
Prefer 1-3 years experience in heavy manufacturing and/or supervisory role.
Computer skills; knowledge of internet; MS Office; CAD; SAP and knowledge in Excel
Benefits may include Blue Cross Blue Shield, Delta Dental and VSP Vision Insurance. St Marys pays 100% toward life insurance, short term and long term disability. Retirement plan with company match. Uniforms and prescription safety glasses covered by St Marys.
Position is salary based; bonus up to 20% of salary (variable on performance)
Full time position with benefits; EEO.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $68,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
More jobs at St Marys Cement