Project Service Inc (PSI) is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Security Guard position in Manistee.Â Pay rate is $10.80/hour.Â Full time benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, 401K, and paid holidays/vacation.Â Must pass criminal background check and drug test.Â
Shifts are Sunday through Thursday, 6pm â 2am.
Job Summary:Â As a security guard, you are responsible for the day to day activities at client location.Â You will be responsible for safety, making sure visitors and/or contractors are signed in and have proper paperwork, and completing security rounds in designated area.
- Answering and transferring telephone calls
- Opening and closing the gate, directing authorized personnel to designated areas of the plant
- Keeping unauthorized persons off company property
- Read meters and document recordings
- Keep log book and reports up to date
- Make rounds throughout plant
- Report problems to department supervisor
- Be alert for fires or other dangerous situations
- Securing doors and windows
- Checking material slips for items arriving or being removed from site
- Checking trucks for proper pass, log truck in and out
- Greeting visitors, directing them to proper areas of the site, recording their visit on a sign in sheet
- Make sure all visitors have proper safety equipment before allowing to enter designated areas
- Chauffeuring employees, crew and guests to designated appointments
- Possess a commitment to SAFETY at all times and demonstrate commitment by their actions
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment with the ability to work independently
- Basic computer skills (office, word, outlook)
- With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly.Â Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.Â Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.Â Additional physical requirements may include frequent lifting and/or moving up to 30 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
- Flexible schedule
- Must have the ability to read, comprehend all written instruction and labeling/signage associated with job
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Self motivated and be able to work with minimal supervision
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills and demonstrates such
- Must pass drug test
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must have a valid driverâs license with clean driving record
- Must have reliable transportation
- Abide by Project Service Inc. Company and Employee Policy Manual
- Follow safety and site procedures of client
- Be an âAt Willâ employee
DisclaimerÂ The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time.
More jobs at Project Service, Inc.