Position: Seasonal Wildlife Technician (Temp.- Natural Resources Department)
Summary: Â This seasonal position will be assist the wildlife program with fieldwork. This position will include extensive fieldwork, equipment upkeep, extensive driving, technical reports, and some data analysis. This position requires flexibility in scheduling which includes late nights and possibly weekends. Note: The position is temporary, full-time not to exceed 89 days worked.
Employment Qualifications: A qualified candidate offers:
- Enrollment in a college degree program In Wildlife Biology, Natural Resources or related field; and
- One (1) year of specific field experience in wildlife; and
- A valid Michigan Driver’s License throughout employment (must be 18 yrs. old to drive tribal vehicles).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in wildlife biology or related field.
- Two (2) years’ experience in biological sampling techniques.
- Experience in designing and managing a research project.
- Familiarity with forest habitats
Indian Preference applies in accordance with Ordinance #15-600-02
Pay Grade: NE3
Hiring Range: $10.00 – $12.00 – Most Temps. currently start at $12.00
Status: Non Exempt/Hourly/Bi-weekly Pay
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists wildlife biologist(s) with and conduct wildlife surveys, habitat assessments, sample collection, forestry management activities, and trapping surveys.
- Assists with and conducts telemetry surveys to locate individuals.
- Inputs survey results and various data into computer databases.
- Performs data analysis and statistical analysis of research.
- Operates and maintains vehicles, in addition to mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Promotes wildlife resources, appreciation and cultural history.
- Participates in community programs and educational services offered by department.
- All other position/department related duties as assigned by supervisor.
More jobs at Little River Band of Ottawa Indians - Tribal Gov't