Position: Seasonal Fisheries Technician (Temp. – Natural Resources Department) â (1)*
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â *Environmental/Fisheries Programming/Projects
Summary: Â This seasonal position will be assist the Fisheries Program with fieldwork, laboratory and data recording duties. This position will include extensive fieldwork, equipment upkeep, extensive driving, technical reports, and may involve data entry. This position requires flexibility in scheduling which includes late nights and weekends. Note: The position is temporary, full-time not to exceed 89 days worked.
Employment Qualifications: A qualified candidate offers:
- Enrollment in a BS degree program in Fisheries Biology, Natural Resources or related field; and
- Basic knowledge of fisheries and aquatic sampling techniques; and
- Ability to perform fieldwork under strenuous conditions during all weather conditions; and
- Ability to work early morning, late night hours and weekends as dictated by assessment needs; and
- A valid Michigan Driver’s License throughout employment (must be 18 yrs. old to drive tribal vehicles).
Indian Preference applies in accordance with Ordinance #15-600-02
Pay Grade: NE3
Hiring Wage: $12.00
Status: Non Exempt/Hourly/Bi-weekly Pay
This position is temporary full-time â not to exceed 89 days worked.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and organizes fisheries and aquatic sampling equipment for surveys.
- Assists in conducting field surveys including; electro-fishing, water quality sampling and habitat assessments.
- Maintains, fabricates and repairs fisheries and aquatic sampling equipment as needed.
- Summarizes and enters fisheries and aquatic survey and research data into computer files.
- Operates and maintains company vehicles and/or watercraft.
- Works cooperatively with other Tribal Departments on various projects
- Assists Tribal Members in accessing services, and may participate in community programs and educational services offered by department.
- All other position/department related duties as assigned by supervisor.
More jobs at Little River Band of Ottawa Indians - Tribal Gov't