Sales & Operations Agronomist – North Central MI – R-4991
As part of an ever-growing ag community, we are uniquely positioned to address the challenges and seize the opportunities of a growing global population. We are dedicated to finding the most talented people to support the businesses of our member owners, local ag retails and cooperatives across North America. We strive to match people that share our passion for agriculture with sustainable careers in the communities in which our member owners operate. There is no better time to be part of the growing, dynamic world of agriculture – letâs help you find your fit.
Job Posting Title
Sales & Operations Agronomist – North Central MI
To sell, service and follow-up all agronomy products and associated services in a manner that will improve departmental efficiency and achieve the agronomy department and overall company goals.
* Establish customer list to service with Agronomy Department Manager, Seed Manager, Location Sales Agronomist, and Location Manager.
* Help to maintain & increase market share through regular sales calls to assigned customers.
* Know and utilize all resources available to make proper recommendations for all products sold.
* Assist Agronomy Department Manager and Seed Sales Director in developing programs to meet competitive strategies.
* Accurately record all sales transactions and prepayments promptly.
* Submit sales/service activity reports to Agronomy Department Manager as requested.
* Perform custom application of crop inputs
* Service walk-in customers as needed
* Assist with non-performance/complaint handling, crop monitoring, and soil sampling as needed
* Learn and master all required computer programs and applications
* Create computer batch tickets for dry & liquid custom application jobs
* Create Precision Application recommendations & application disks
* Assist in development and maintenance of precision information/application database and maps.
* Be knowledgeable of all company blending equipment and be able to function as substitute blend operator for these work areas.
* Assist in management of seed/packaged chemical warehouse, taking of inventories and maintenance of records as requested by Location Manager
* Maintain knowledge of NH3 application equipment and be able to effectively troubleshoot in-field problems during application seasons.
* Maintain all required certification and assist in seed treatment operations during spring season.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
More jobs at Land O'Lakes