Growing statewide company seeking local Full Time Sales Consultant for the West Michigan area.
- Full time local sales consultant position responsible for servicing a group of accounts as outlined in the Master Route to improve account conditions and overall sales performance
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Grow total territory volume and revenue versus the prior year and achieve the company growth objectives.
- Achieve monthly objectives on priority brands, specified programs and qualitative initiatives.
- Maintain standard for display percentage, distributions, cold box share, cross merchandising, promotions, and programs in assigned territory.
- Generate positive business relationships with decision makers in assigned accounts.
- Present prepared, professional, persuasive, fact-based, personalized sales presentations.
- Develop and maintain good product knowledge on relative GLWAS products.
- Demonstrate initiative to grow overall spirits, beverage, and category knowledge.
Merchandising and Store Conditions
- Demonstrate competency of account ‘Standards of Performance’ through account conditions.
- Enhances pull through with proper use of promotional materials and services.
- Maintain product so that it is clean, rotated, and saleable.
- Post retail pricing in a timely manner, while ensuring accuracy.
- Ensure point-of-sale is accurate, relevant, up-to-date, and advantageously placed.
- Correctly runs route on a daily basis according to Master Route.
- Maintains and uses control books, display installation forms, distribution targets, and pre-plans to execute priorities.
- Consistently services accounts as outlined on Master Route.
- Utilizes control book, planners, and tracking forms as instructed to execute priorities.
- Communicates proactively with customers and management.
- Aligns daily activities to the needs and priorities of the company, as directed.
- Collaborates with sales team and division by being a contributor.
- Utilizes samples efficiently and effectively.
- Ensures vehicle is clean, organized, properly stocked with adequate point-of-sale
- Minimum age 21
- High School Diploma/GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred or 2 years’ sales experience
- Basic competency with basic iOS devices
- Pass a pre-employment background check
- Pass a drug test at any time during employment
- Follow all MLCC rules and regulations, as they apply to the position
- Maintain a safe driving record
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds
This position operates in the field, with daily travel, driving in all types of weather.Â Time is also spent in a professional office environment, using standard office equipment. Work environment will vary based on account stops.
- This is a very active position. The employee must frequently stand, walk, bend, kneel, crouch, stoop and climb throughout the day.
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, and/or move up to 55 pounds and push or pull up to 100 pounds of force on a cart; frequently ascend and descend stairs.
- The employee is regularly required to read and communicate in English. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
AboutÂ Great Lakes Wine & Spirits
Great Lakes Wine & Spirits is Michigan’s Largest Alcoholic Beverage Wholesaler, servicing all 83 Michigan counties. Employing over 1,000 people with facilities throughout the state, We Are Local, Everywhere. Founded as a family business nearly 80 years ago, the tradition of good business principles has remained the cornerstone of Great Lakes Wine & Spirits success. Honesty, hard work, fair dealing, service and an ongoing commitment to the customers and staff. Great Lakes Wine & Spirits strives to provide an ever escalating standard of innovation and service to its customers and to responsibly enhance demand for its products.
GLWASÂ provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
More jobs at Great Lakes Wine and Spirits