Munson Healthcare Staffing Services System Float RN agrees to go to all hospitals in the Munson Healthcare System. This position is scheduled and reports to Munson Healthcare Staffing Services Office located in Traverse City, MI. The nurse will provide professional nursing care to patients within assigned units. Nurses assess, plan, organize and evaluate their care while utilizing the nursing process, clinical reasoning and critical thinking. ENTRY REQUIREMENTS 1. Current licensure to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Michigan. 2. 2 years of recent and active experience in respected field of practice. 3. Completion of the pre-hire requirements, orientation, and care area appropriate competency in order to a) acquire a working knowledge of the nursing philosophy and models of care b) develop and demonstrate skill in nursing techniques and ability to adapt techniques to individual needs, and c) become familiar with the organizationâs policies, procedures and standards. 4. BLS certification. 5. ACLS certification if required for hospital units. 6. Analytical ability as well as visual, hearing and sensory touch acuity necessary to assess patients’ condition, developmental needs, and utilize the nursing process and professional judgment in providing comprehensive care to patients of all age populations (i.e., peds, geriatric, adolescent, and adult). 7. Interpersonal skills necessary to respectfully interact with patients and family members, frequently during periods of emotional stress or anxiety, hospital personnel and physicians. Emotional/mental ability to perform effectively and efficiently under the daily pressure of stressful or emergency situations.
Demonstrated excellence in: Communication Wellness initiatives Teamwork Critical thinking Critical Reasoning Organizational effectiveness Best practice
ORGANIZATION Reports to the Manager of Munson Healthcare Staffing Services
POPULATIONS SERVED COMPETENCIES, INCLUDING AGE OF PATIENTS SERVED May be required to work with all of the following with the appropriate age specific competencies: prenatal & perinatal (0-2), young child (2-8), adolescent (9-15), adult (16-28), middle-aged adult (29-53), geriatric (54-74), and frail adult (75+).
- Supports the mission of Munson Healthcare.
- Embraces and supports Munsonâs True North.
- Assigned to a variety of units within scope of practice and demonstrated competence. Care area types may include: Critical Care, General Care (Med-Surg), Progressive Care (Step-Down), Emergency Department and Surgical Services.
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient’s health or the situation. This is an ongoing, systematic process that involves holistic data collection that can be prioritized based upon evidence-based techniques.
- Analyzes the assessment data to determine the nursing diagnoses or issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the patient or the situation. Plans shall take into consideration cultural and age-specific patient/family needs.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes. Plans shall be developed in conjunction with patient/family/ancillary staff input and include strategies for continuity and timelines for completion.
- Implements the identified plan and coordinates care delivery strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Evaluates effectiveness of planned strategies and progress toward attainment of outcomes
- Identifies patient health-related problems and risk states and develops nursing care plans accordingly based on individualized patient assessment, diagnosis, and evaluation of outcomes. Nurse will also assist other nurses in assessment, diagnosis, care planning, and evaluation of outcomes.
- Provides individualized nursing care, recognizes and takes appropriate action for significant changes in patient conditions as well as communicate with appropriate healthcare team members regarding patient status.
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing care and makes necessary modifications to assist with optimal patient outcomes and safety.
- Establishes relevant, evidence-based and safe nursing interventions and priorities when providing nursing care, including administering of medications.
- Collaborates effectively with patient, patient’s significant others, and members of the health care team to achieve optimal patient outcomes while promoting the highest level of safety. Acts as a resource to peers, student nurses, medical students, house officers, and other health care providers.
- Communicates patient status through verbal, electronic, and written means with other health care providers and interdisciplinary teams, and takes appropriate action for patient well-being while promoting the highest level of care and safety
- Observes patient to recognize nursing needs. Implements care/interventions directly when needed (physical, social or emotional) or indirectly by collaboration with other nursing team members, physicians or members of other health care disciplines.
- Collaborates with colleagues to ensure patient and family involvement with discharge planning and the achievement of identified needs through teaching or referrals. Assumes responsibility for ensuring an integrated discharge planning process.
- Identifies and offers solutions to patient care delivery issues through quality improvement, continuing education, research, and peer review activities.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Performs indirect patient care activities in accordance with the American Nurses Association Standards of Professional Performance including:
- Documents the application of the nursing process in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice. Participates in ongoing educational activities related to appropriate knowledge bases and professional issues.
- Evaluates own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules, and regulations.
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development of peers and colleagues.
- Collaborates with patient, family, and others in the nursing practice.
- Integrates ethical provisions in all areas of practice. Performs job responsibilities in an ethical, compliant manner consistent with the organization’s values and the hospital’s Corporate Compliance Program, policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
- Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Works with all members of the patient care team in a safe manner to prevent injury or illness.
More jobs at Munson Medical Center