Positions available in Grayling, Houghton Lake, Roscommon and Cadillac
PART TIME POSITIONS WHICH CAN LEAD TO FULL TIME
$10.00 starting wageÂ
$10.92 once trainings are completed
Under the direction of the Home Supervisor (HS)/Home Supervisor Assistant (HSA), will work in direct contact with individuals to teach daily living skills, assure client safety and maintain adequate protection of consumer rights. Will implement all policies, procedures, guidelines, and/or legal commitment to consumers as required by the Mental Heath Code, and Special Certification Regulations, Department of Consumer Industry Services Licensing Guidelines, and Northern Lakes Community Mental Health, and other regulatory bodies.
- Will provide services to persons who are Intellectually and Developmental Disabled (IDD) and persons living with a mental illness.
- Will provide continuous active treatment; âan aggressive and organized effort to fulfill each personâs fullest developmental capacityâ. This is accomplished by understanding and becoming involved in individual assessments, I-Team program planning, demonstrating implementation of Person Centered Plans, involving people in normal household routines, communicating with consumers, socially interacting with and assuring people are offered activities, documenting consumers responses to programs and suggestions for modification if necessary and involvement in the Person Centered Plan.
- Will arrive at work as scheduled. Will give at least 4 hours notice if unable to work a scheduled shift or if going to be late. Will be willing to cover shifts over and above regular schedule as the need arises. Will follow home procedure for finding a replacement for a scheduled shift.
- Will be able to demonstrate and implement appropriate emergency procedures to ensure consumer safety which includes: fire evacuation, tornado procedure, power outage, CPR, first aid (emergency and non-emergency) and physical intervention techniques as it applies to the home.
- Will be knowledgeable of and will document adequately by writing or printing legibly and with adequate spelling, per guidelines of the home according to Northern Lakes CMH policy and procedure.
- Will perform as a team member with fellow staff members to develop common goals, mutual respect, cooperation, trust, open communication, creativity and flexibility while sharing shift duties equally.
- Will function as an advocate for consumer rights Will be knowledgeable of needs and report needs to the HS/HSA in a timely manner.
- Will be knowledgeable of guidelines and will implement precautions for infection control, including universal precautions.
- Will be knowledgeable of and demonstrate the ability to follow nursing and physician recommendations and/or programs related to each consumer. Will also demonstrate the ability to prepare and pass medications, apply topicals and take vitals as ordered by the Nurse or Physician. Will know and demonstrate proper procedure for maintaining medication inventory to include counting and recording incoming medications on medication inventories. Will know and demonstrate the proper procedure for disposing of medications, medication count at shift change and what to do in the event of a medication error.
- Will be knowledgeable of and demonstrate the ability to prepare and serve meals following the diet guidelines provided by the Dietician.Â
- Will engage in housekeeping tasks including use of general household cleaners, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, dish washing, completing general household repairs and maintenance tasks.Â
- Will dress appropriately for all shifts.Â Will exhibit good grooming at all times.
- Will be knowledgeable of and will follow all procedures found in the Residential Operational Procedures Manual.
- Will be knowledgeable of and will be able to implement individual programs as written for basic care needs .
- Will be knowledgeable of and will be able to demonstrate the ability to load, unload and appropriately secure wheelchairs in the home van. Will demonstrate the ability to operate the lift both with available power and by hand if power fails.Â
- Will complete all modules of the Group Home Curriculum with passing scores.Â
- Will show appropriate caution in the use and demonstrate ability to care for residentâs belongings/equipment and agency equipment.
- Will possess adequate reading comprehension skills.
- Will be knowledgeable of home routine and duties, recognize tasks needing completion specific to each shift and be able to organize and prioritize all work responsibilities.
- Will demonstrate appropriate manners, etiquette and language use.
- Will report appropriately all incidents/accidents with the home van or in the home, whether or not there is apparent damage or injury.
- Will perform work duties in accordance with the personnel policies of Northern Lakes Community Mental Health Authority Board.
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties requested by the HS/HSA.
- Minimum of high school education with proof of diploma/certificate.
- Must be in good physical condition, to include a physical examination and physical checklist at employment and a negative TB test.
- Will possess adequate hearing to; communicate with other staff and consumers, acknowledge ringing, answer and communicate on the telephone, hear fire alarms, door buzzers, buses, all appliances, hear consumer and staff activity in all parts of the home to ensure safety.
- Must provide three to four written references.
- Must possess a valid Michigan driverâs license throughout employment and pass screening with the Secretary of Stateâs office at employment and annually thereafter.
- Experience working in the human services or related field is desirable, but not mandatory
- Sign Language skills sought, but not required at HL and Cadillac sites
- Must be willing to participate in and successful completion of all training modules or provide proof of equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must have a working telephone throughout employment.
- Must be willing to consent to a Criminal History Record check and meet acceptable standards at employment and every year throughout employment.
- Must be of good moral character per Department of Consumer Industry Services guidelines to assure the welfare and safety of consumers.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds, remain on feet for long periods of time, bend, stoop, kneel and twist as necessary in the care of the people and the home in which they live.
More jobs at Northern Lakes Community Mental Health