THIS IS A FULL-TIME, YEAR-ROUND POSITION LOCATED IN TRAVERSE CITY, MI.
Mission Point Resort, Mackinac Island’s only full service, casual resort is currently seeking candidates to fill the position of Reservations Agent. This full time/year round position is located at Mission Point’s remote office in Traverse City and offers competitive pay, benefits, and numerous other perks. The ideal applicant will have 1-2 years of experience in customer service at a hotel property and be willing to participate in Mission Point’s hospitality culture.
The Reservations Agent is the primary role that books transient guest sales for the Sales Department. The Reservations Agent is responsible for taking incoming calls, booking reservations, and providing excellent customer service to all potential guests.
ESSENTIAL DAILY JOB DUTIES:
- Drive high levels of guest satisfaction through the consistent execution of all brand standards
- Assist during peak business periods and be available to cover sick shifts and meal periods if necessary.
- Assist with online and third party reservations deposits and enter into the system.
- Keep a daily tic sheet and phone log of all incoming phone calls.
- Return voicemails in a timely manner.
- Respond to emails in a professional and prompt manner.
- Complete amenity request forms.
- Input tax exempt information.
- File any paperwork that pertains to the reservations department.
- Print, review, correct, sign, and submit your audit at the end of every shift.
- Perform any additional duties assigned.
- Improve problem areas and assist in implementing corrective measures.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/ATTRIBUTES:Â Â
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Working knowledge of Rooms Management Systems
- Knowledge of OSHA and safety standards within the department
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem solving abilities to ensure the highest level of productivity.
- Ability to commute and work in Traverse City office location
- Proven ability to problem-solve and multi-task with an attention to detail
- Excellent people skills, taking every opportunity to amaze guests
- Ability to follow detailed and specific procedures and processes that outline the steps to follow in completing department and/or project tasks
- Must be self-motivated and demonstrate effective time management skills
- Strong computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft OfficeSuite
- Ability to walk, stand and move for extended periods of time, occasionally exceeded 8 hours.Â
- Regularly lift objects 25 to 50 pounds.Â
- Duties require the ability to bend, kneel, push, pull and lift heavy objects over varying distances throughout the resort.
More jobs at Mission Point Resort